- Retail - 211
- Spokane, WA, USA
- Full Time
Medical, Dental, Life Insurance, 401K, paid Vacation, paid Sick Leave, Personal Days, paid Holidays, Employee Discount & more.
Goodwill Industries of the Inland Northwest is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
NOTE: Please apply early, as this job posting is subject to removal before the deadline if sufficient number of qualified applications are received. Thank you.
Transport materials to or from storage or work sites to designated area. Load and unload materials from vehicles, into vehicles, and into or out of containers. Handle a multitude of materials in accordance with company standards avoiding damaging or soiling donations. Secure materials in transport. Maintain a clean, organized and safe work area. Goodwill is always accepting applications for this position in order to maintain an applicant pool. Must pass background check.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Provide outstanding customer service.
- Must demonstrate willingness and ability to adhere to Goodwill Industries of the Inland Northwest directives, rules, policies, procedures, and departmental and organizational standards.
- Load, unload, and move materials within or near plant, yard or work site performing any combination of the following duties:
- Effectively sort, store, and process incoming donations according to established company standards to the appropriate workstations.
- Transport newly processed merchandise from workstations to the appropriate area including, store, store holding area and/or to store load holding area as directed.
- Read work orders or follow oral instructions to ascertain materials or containers to be moved.
- Safely load, and unload materials onto or from pallets, carts, totes, trays, racks and shelves by hand or by utilization of lifting devices and/or employee assistance.
- Safely load and unload materials onto or from vehicles, convey materials to or from storage or work sites to designated areas using hand truck, pallet jack or other lifting devices and/or employee assistance.
- Effectively sort and stack materials including incoming donations in a safe and organized manner according to company standards avoiding damaging or soiling donations. Ensure that donations with multiple parts, (i.e., lamps and lampshades) are kept together.
- Effectively separate incoming donations by category, (i.e., glass, wares, shoes, etc.), in a safe and organized manner according to company standards when unloading trucks.
- Lift heavy objects by hand, using lift devices and/or employee assistance.
- Ride in vehicles (trucks) assisting driver with loading and unloading cargo trucks of donations and other materials from donors (including moving items by hand, pushing or pulling empty or full/heavy carts, racks, pallet jacks, and hand trucks) from residences and/or places of business, Donation Service Centers and Goodwill Stores. Frequently enter and exit truck cab and cargo box.
- Transport processed donations to the appropriate Production Department. May be required to utilize the freight elevator.
- Maintain a clean and organized work area.
- Transfer trash from work areas to compactors and large trash receptacles.
- Follow all policies, procedures, and directives of Goodwill Industries assuring safety of personnel or property.
- Work collaboratively with Workforce Development and Social Services to provide client services.
- Properly wear and maintain all required Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
- Maintain agency confidentiality. Violation of confidentiality is cause for immediate dismissal.
- Comply with all health, safety and fire standards and all local, state and federal regulations (WISHA & OSHA).
- Other duties as assigned.