- Retail - 205
- Lewiston, ID, USA
- Full Time
Medical, Dental, Life Insurance, 401K, paid Vacation, paid Sick Leave, Personal Day, paid Holidays, Employee Discount & more.
NOTE: Please apply early, as this job posting is subject to removal before the deadline if sufficient number of qualified applications are received. Thank you.
Ref#: LEW17001 Lewiston, ID Full-time/Hourly Open until filled
This position will drive as need dictates and in between will move product around the facility. Drive truck with capacity under 26,000 GVW to transport materials to and from specified destinations, such as Donor Service Centers (DSC), plants, residences, offices, or within industrial yards. Load and unload materials from vehicles, into vehicles, and into or out of containers. Handle a multitude of materials in accordance with company standards avoiding damaging or soiling donations. Secure materials in transport. Maintain a clean, organized and safe work area. Must pass road test, drug test, background check and DOT physical.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Provide exemplary customer service to internal (employees) and external (donors) customers.
- Safely drive truck to destination.
- Complete receipts and/or required documentation for load delivery and/or pickup.
- Maintain telephone or radio contact with supervisor to receive delivery instructions.
- Load, unload, and move materials within or near plant, yard or work site.
- Maintain a courteous, respectful, and friendly attitude with the public.
- Inspect truck, equipment, and supplies such as tires, lights, brakes, gas, oil, and water. Complete vehicle inspection form on a daily basis.
- Perform minor emergency roadside repairs such as installing light bulbs, fuses, tire chains, and spark plugs and belts.
- Read work orders or follow oral instructions to ascertain materials or containers to be moved.
- Effectively sort, stack, store, and process incoming donations according to established company standards in the appropriate workstations. Ensure that donations with multiple parts, (i.e., lamps and lampshades) are kept together.
- Safely load and unload materials onto or from vehicles, pallets, carts, totes, trays, racks, shelves and convey materials to or from storage or work sites to designated areas using hand truck, pallet jack or other lifting devices and/or employee assistance.
- Effectively separate incoming donations by category, (i.e., glass, wares, shoes, etc.), in a safe and organized manner according to company standards when unloading trucks.
- Transfer trash from work areas to compactors and large trash receptacles.
- Must be able to work flexible hours and days including weekends. Must be available to work any combination of 5 days between Monday through Sunday for an 8-hour shift. Will be required to occasionally work overtime.
- Maintain a clean driving record.
- Properly wear and maintain all required Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
- Comply with all health, safety and fire standards and all local, state and federal regulations (WISHA & OSHA).
- Other duties as assigned.